2010 Book List
01. Tamsin by Peter S. Beagle
02. Rubbish! The Archaeology of Garbage by William Rathje and Cullen Murphy
03. Hitler's Women by Guido Knopp
04. I See by my Outfit by Peter S. Beagle
05. A Fine and Private Place by Peter S. Beagle
06. The Big Burn: Teddy Roosevelt and the Fire that Saved America by Timothy Egan
07. Aspirin: The Remarkable Story of a Wonder Drug by Diarmuid Jeffreys
08. Coraline: The Graphic Novel by P. Craig Russell
09. The Last Stand: Custer, Sitting Bull, and the Battle of the Little Bighorn by Nathaniel Philbrick
10. Blue Mars by Kim Stanley Robinson
11. Role Models by John Waters
12. Bloody Crimes: The Chase for Jefferson Davis and the Death Pageant for Lincoln's Corpse by James L. Swanson
13. Getting to Yes: Negotiating Agreement without Giving In by Roger Fisher
14. Folk of the Air by Peter S. Beagle
15. Collapse: How Societies Choose to Fail or Succeed by Jared Diamond
2009 Book List
01. The Line Between by Peter S. Beagle
02. Bottlemania: How Water Went on Sale and Why We Bought It by Elizabeth Royte
03. Red Mars by Kim Stanley Robinson
04. Opium: A History by Martin Booth
05. Feast: A History of Grand Eating by Roy Strong
06. Green Mars by Kim Stanley Robinson
07. Meet You in Hell: Andrew Carnegie, Henry Clay Frick, and the Bitter Partnership that Transformed America by Les Standiford
08. Beyond Ecophobia: Reclaiming the Heart in Nature Education by David Sobel
09. The Great Mortality: An Intimate History of the Black Death, the Most Devastating Plague of All Time by John Kelly
10. Drink: A Cultural History of Alcohol by Iain Gately
11. We Never Talk About My Brother by Peter S. Beagle
12. The Private Life of the Rabbit: An Account of the Life History and Social Behavior of the Wild Rabbit by R. M. Lockley
13. Banana: The Fate of the Fruit That Changed the World by Dan Koeppel
14. Survivor: A Novel by Chuck Palahniuk
15. The Rhinoceros who Quoted Nietzsche and Other Odd Acquaintances by Peter S. Beagle
16. The Meaning of Everything: The Story of the Oxford English Dictionary by Simon Winchester
17. Shaken and Stirred: Through the Martini Glass and Other Drinking Adventures by William L. Hamilton
18. Bolt of Fate: Benjamin Franklin and His Electric Kite Hoax by Tommy N. Tucker
19. A Lion Among Men: Volume Three in the Wicked Years by Gregory Maguire
20. Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West by Gregory Maguire
21. Son of a Witch by Gregory Maguire
22. DeForest Kelley: A Harvest of Memories, My Life & Times with a Remarkable Gentleman Actor by Kristine Smith
this friday we are doing tacos at www.underdogssf.com because the awesome miss sheri is in town and wants to check the place out. hope to see you there!
now back to work. . .
reminder - tacos and margaritas tonight for my bd at www.underdogssf.com. text wolf (or me if you don't have his number) if you're coming.
notified today that i got the MST promotion effective may 12th.
wolf and i are going to see the 8:30pm showing of star trek at the century daly city this thursday. century daly city is a very short walk from the daly city bart station. we're not going to buy tickets in advance because i doubt it will sell out. we'll probably get down there around 6:30 or 7, buy our tickets, and hit up fuddruckers if there isn't a line for the movie. anyone who wants to join is welcome.
the sole of my super comfy cheap black and purple sneakers split this weekend. so i'm in need of new shoes (sure i have other shoes, but all hurt my feet). the problem is i have 8.5 size wide width feet and need supportive soles so cheap payless shoes and flat soled shoes like converse and slip on flats don't work for me (when i wear them i'm limping after walking a block or two, even with expensive insoles). i would actually like to buy cute shoes for a change. any suggestions of where to look? i'm sick of having my only options be sneakers, granny shoes, or boots.